stupid question but can I play without VR?
Muffin Fight VR
A downloadable game for Windows and Android
Welcome to Muffin Fight! A high action multiplayer game developed for Virtual Reality!
Get into the game, take on your friends, or play against strangers. Players can bake muffins using many different recipes to create many different effects, and the person with the most points, wins!
What is it?
Muffin Fight is the ultimate party game / food fight (no clean-up required!)
- Wanting to just get your bake on? Chill with your friends in the Social space (new v6.3)
- Do you have what it takes to beat everyone? Try our Quick play (multiplayer) mode
- Wanna play with your friends? Check out Custom matches
- New v4.6: Learning how to play? Get started in Single player mode
- Many muffins, receipts, and things to bake!
Friends offline at the moment? Play against other people, our new dancing muffin bots (new v8.1), or try and beat the single player mode (new v8.0) and beat your best time!
Some kind of version notes:
Update 2023-12-26 - Release Notes: 126.96.36.199
- Major: Fixed an issue where quick start START button was not working
- Major: Fixed an issue where custom match START button was not working
- Disabled SteamVR controllers during intro video
- Reduced rotation sensitivity for snap turn
- Limited teleport to one hand, snap turn to another
- Added a menu option to switch left/right hand preferences
- Delayed teleport particles (performance bump)
- Made it a lot quicker to use keyboard entry for usernames
- Better anti-swear for text-names
- Increased text-name sizes
- Added new error message console when a game can't start
- Added a restart timer of a room fails to load
- Added a light on each station to show when they pressed the start button
Update 2023-12-17 - Release Notes: 188.8.131.52
Another massive update
- New holiday events
- Dancing muffin bots are now added for multiplayer matches
- You can now create and edit your player name
- Brand new player graphics
- New animations and systems for players
- Mouth and voice sync
- Eye blinking
- Big improvements to player colliders
- Better systems and API usage
- Many many fixes and improvements
- Bad word filter for names (you know why...)
Update 2023-06-23 - Release Notes: 184.108.40.206
- Brand new social space (for on-boarding and getting started)
- New 5 star health system (now you can eat the muffins!)
- Performance overhaul (up-to 10x faster)
- Voice and mic support added
- New Oculus Quest support added
Update 2022-07-23 - Release Notes: 220.127.116.11
- Added a toggle lever for kids to be able to reach the tables
- Moved the exit menu to make it harder to press by accident
- New light baking in scenes
- Small graphical fixes
Update 2022-07-07 - Release Notes: 18.104.22.168
- Oculus Quest Support!
- New intro video
- Cleaned up some controls
- Added a bouncing ball to play with while waiting for other players
- Added a bit tighter control schema in the game
- Big improvement on usability and performance
- Removed outlines of objects and control items (was slowing down the game)
- Upgraded project to a newer game engine release (more reliable)
Update 2021-08-05 - Release Notes: 22.214.171.124
- Addition of Single Player mode
- Exit Menu model updated
- New Splash Screen
- Chocolate bars removed from Chocolate Cherry Muffin Explosion effect
- Oven Doors are properly aligned and don't jitter while opening
- Spatulas are bigger
- Start Button can only be activated by Avatar's hands.
- Resolved various issues with Blueberry, Banana & Cherry Muffins
- Muffin reset state issues resolved
- Most visual effects can be seen by all players now
- Duplicate Photon ID issues resolved
- Vacuum Ray Reworked
- Muffin Mondays Timer deactivated
- Lighting improvements to all scenes
- Updated Credits
- Custom Match timer syncs with all players
- Players now have their own client based pool of Muffins to draw from rather than all players sharing the same pool
|10 days ago
|Red Iron Labs
|Multiplayer, party-game, Virtual Reality (VR)
|About a half-hour
|Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Oculus Quest, Valve Index
|Server-based networked multiplayer
|Steam, Steam, Website, Meta Quest Store
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 CAD. You will get access to the following files:
- Muffin Fight v126.96.36.199 Holiday Release!58 days ago
- Muffin Fight v188.8.131.52 Holiday Release!66 days ago
- Muffin Fight v184.108.40.206 Released - Social SpacesJun 29, 2023
- Muffin Fight v220.127.116.11 Released - Singleplayer ModeAug 30, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
can i do this on a standalone quest? or do i need to be connected to a pc because i have a mac
Yes! Absolutely! You can install the APK using Sidequest or any other side installer. There is a Quest version on App Lab if you prefer that route as well :)
Does this have a Quest 2 APK in the zip?
See two comments ago(!):
"Any plans on deploying the game as an apk for the Oculus Quest?"
"Definite yes :)"
Would be good to mark this as Platform=Windows to make it more findable in searches? It's currently not downloadable in the itch.io app. Perhaps the zip file needs to be marked as Windows or something similar?
Thanks! Fixed! It was correct on the older version, but when we uploaded the last update we must've missed the box :) thank you for sharing this
Hello! I haven't been able to try it yet, but the game looks quite fun!
Any plans on deploying the game as an apk for the Oculus Quest?