Could it be compiled for Pico 4? I'd quite like to play but the game opens in window mode .
DOOMI for VR (Original, Room Scale)
A downloadable classic game for Windows and Android
This project is mostly for fun, it likely won't work well. There are known issues.
EXPERIMENTAL WORK IN PROGRESS
Created using the VRTK 4.x (for mass cross platform support), Unity3D, and based on the DOOM creation for Unity (DoomLoader) by Risto Paasivirta, as an experiment. I thought I would put this up somewhere that the public can play it.
This VR-enabled version is much harder, as the aim does not auto-aim as it did in the old DOOM 1 days.
- Trigger (fire)
- Grip (swap weapons)
- Menu button (open doors, interact, restart level)
Initial release for Desktop VR only
- Sometimes the enemies are not responding, this is likely due to their aggression being triggered by movement points bypassed during teleportation
- Sometimes the interaction (menu) button appears to not work
- Next update to include an APK for the Oculus Quest port, improving FPS all around, and addressing items above.
2021-07-28 - Update
Adding in the newest builds for Desktop VR, and the new build for Oculus Quest 2 :)
- Teleporting too far can result in missing a trigger zone, and enemies won't attack
- After you die, you don't respawn in the correct location
- Better UI, finish UI
2021-11-15 - Update
I've been working away behind the scenes to make some pretty big changes, today I wanted to upload a preview of the new music tracks coming in :) New 3D models are close behind as well as snap turn. Oh yes... the update shall be magnificent
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
That can definitely be made to happen :) We have an update coming soon, I'll make sure it has full Pico support!
with smooth locomotion and some 3d models even if its in the style of the old school I would be 100% in if its the whole doom game that would be amazing
I love this, I have a whole set of models and music coming. The next update is overdue on our side, but I think it is going to be pretty awesome if I do say so myself!
Will you add smooth locomotion?
Link to the new soundtrack: Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, trying to get the sound just right was tricky. https://soundcloud.com/rediron_lloyd/sets/doom-1-soundtrack-remastered
has how to walk without teleport?
Make guns 3d models and you have me.